We are looking for a legal secretary
Simpsons Attorneys Inc. is looking for an ambitious, independent Legal Secretary to join our highly successful team and vibrant organisation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in RAF and/or Medical Negligence is ESSENTIAL;
- Legal Secretarial or general Secretarial Diploma will be an advantage;
- Dictation typing will be an advantage;
- Good computer skills;
- Accurate typing skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Knowledge of AJS required.
- Responsible for providing support and skill to the RAF team;
- Deal with queries, follow up and give feedback timeously;
- Provide professional and expert liaison service to directors/head of department;
- Record call contents into the billing system for correct invoicing of clients;
- Maintain effective file management;
- Implement the diary system;
- Transcribe correspondence and documentation relating to Agreements, Applications, Court Processes and various other correspondence;
- Administer the serving and filing of court document and return dates;
- Index and pagination of office files, counsels brief and court files;
- Capture and reconcile billable time, billing fees and receipting of monies;
- Prepare invoices, statements and reports in accordance with the firm’s requirements and forward to clients.
- Problem solving;
- Acting without prompting;
- Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required;
- Resourceful, pro-active and confident;
- Enthusiastic to learn;
- Achievement orientated.
- Ability to work well under pressure without compromising work quality or standards.
- Ability to move past obstacles to achieve end results in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to handle high volumes as well as meet deadlines with the view to adding value to the business by delivering the required results.
- Working together with colleagues and staff to enhance the team’s overall performance.
- Leveraging off team synergies to ensure a productive, efficient and caring work environment.
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times.
- Dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of clients.
- Obtain the necessary information from clients.
Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response within 2 month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Salary – Market relatedClosing date: 20/09/2017
Closing date: 20/09/2017
To apply, forward your CV’s/Resumes to Email: email@example.com of Fax: 086 551 9851